Oakrun may change this policy from time to time and any revised policy will be posted on this page. You should check this page from time to time to obtain the current version and to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Your continued use of this Site following any changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. This policy is effective from April 1, 2011.
What we collect
You may visit our Site without providing any personal information. However, if you choose to provide it, for example through a contact us feature, online survey or otherwise, we may collect information such as:
- your name, job title and business or personal contact information such as a telephone number, email address and mailing address
- information about your preferences and interests, including the types of products and services you are interested in and your preferred language and method of communication
- information collected in connection with customer surveys and/or offers offered via our Site
- other information with your consent or as permitted or required by law
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies,but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
What we do with the information we gather
We generally use the information we collect to manage and administer our business and to provide customer service. For example, we may use this information:
- to provide you with information you request and to respond to your inquiries to maintain business records for reasonable periods
- to improve our products and services and our Site
- to customize the Site according to your interests
- if you consent, to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- if you consent, to periodically contact you by phone, fax or mail for market research purposes to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements
- otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law
If you consent, we may share your contact information with our affiliates and other third parties so that they may send you information and special offers about products and services that maybe of interest to you.
Service Providers. Oakrun may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers (including affiliates of Oakrun acting in this capacity) that perform services on our behalf, for example mailing, marketing, information technology and/or data hosting or similar services, or otherwise to collect, use, disclose, store or process personal information on our behalf for the purposes described in this policy. Some of these service providers may be located in the United States, and your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in the United States for the purposes described in this policy. Reasonable contractual other measures we may take to protect your personal information while processed or handled by these service providers are subject to legal requirements in Canada and the United States applicable to our service providers, for example lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries.
Business Transactions. Personal information may be used by Oakrun and disclosed to parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Oakrun or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. Assignees or successors of Oakrun or our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this policy.
Legal, Regulatory, etc. Oakrun may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Oakrun collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be given in various ways. Consent can be express or implied. You may provide your consent in some circumstances where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose, such as by using an “opt out” option provided, if any. Generally, by providing us with personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes identified or described in this policy, if applicable, or otherwise at the time of collection.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services.
You may choose to restrict the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes in the following ways:
- when you are asked to fill in a form on the Site, you may be given the option to opt-in to receive marketing communications from us or to have your personal information shared with third parties so that they can send you marketing communications about their products and services. If you do not want your personal information to be used or disclosed for direct marketing purposes, do not opt-in
- if you have previously agreed to us using and disclosing your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us as described below
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorized employees, agents and mandataries of Oakrun who require access to your personal information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Links to other websites
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
Oakrun may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at 58 Carluke Rd. W., Ancaster, Ontario. If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the above address, attention Privacy Officer. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us as described above, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us at 1 800 263-6422.